Welcome to the Milton Keynes Astronomical Society [MKAS]
Our mission: To spread the interest and enjoyment of astronomy to people of all ages in and around Milton Keynes
We find that there is nothing better than to exchange practical experiences gained under our challenging skies. We like most things related to Astronomy and Space. We book speakers to come and enlighten us on their fields of expertise. We have social events throughout the year and love to talk about all things Astronomical
So, come along and have a chat over a cup of coffee at Rectory Cottages, Bletchley and we'll make out the case that MKAS is the right Society for you!
Upcoming talk: Deep Space Imaging with the Crendon Observatory
Presented by Mr Gordon Rogers
The talk describes the imaging of Deep Space from the observatory and is regularly updated with recent astronomical discoveries. Gordon recount the achievements of several amazingly gifted British amateurs where this in one area of science in which the sheer enthusiast gives great aid to the professional. Discoveries by these amateurs command the deployment of major observatories such as Hubble. Many things in astronomy go wrong and he recite some of them!
You can find out more about Gordon by following the link to his website below: -
Link to speakers website
Winners of the Astro Oscars held on 19th April 2019
Join us at MKAS
So, what is MKAS offering you for your subscription?
(currently £26 per annum and concessions £13)
- 26 fortnightly meetings on average per year.
- We aim to invite 5-6 guest speakers to our talk nights each year (Some members will also present their own talks)
- Astromeets are the platform for members to present their observations, ideas or projects to others.
- Occasional trips out to places of astronomical interest.
- In the autumn, a residential observing weekend in Shropshire.
- An annual dinner in March.
- A pre-Christmas social.
- Outreach events in schools, youth and general interest groups.
- Our instruments can be taken on loan for a fee of £2 per fortnight.
- A library of books and current magazines.
- The AGM is held in November.
And of course, visitors are welcome to attend a couple of meetings before considering membership. So, come along and
have a chat over a cup of coffee and we'll make out the case that MKAS is the right Society for you.
Click here to apply to be a member